It’s Time to Listen to Your Body
If there’s one thing, I know for SURE it’s that
YOUR BODY NEVER LIES or YOUR BODY ALWAYS SAYS THE TRUTH,
and it’s for the better.
Let me explain how, from trusting this statement, you can learn, grow, and thrive.
- How often do you suffer from a minor ailment like a headache, a back, knee, or shoulder pain and get frustrated with it?
- Or is that you get frustrated with your performance delivery playing your favourite sport?
- What’s your first reaction when you notice it?
- What about your mindset?
- Your mood?
- Your motivation to continue or change things?
- Do you feel energized or tired?
This list could be expanded more but I think you get my point:
- Your physical ailments or restrictions haven’t simply landed on you by chance.
- They don’t manifest just to block or frustrate you. They mean something.
- They carry messages for you to pay attention to.
- They can even be a blessing in disguise, if only you’re willing to see it that way.
Now that’s being said, let me ask you one important question:
WHERE COULD ALL YOUR UNRESOLVED ISSUES TROTTING IN YOUR HEAD GO, WHILE ON PENDING MODE BEFORE BEING SPOKEN OUT?
Imagine the clutter up there at times. Recurrent thoughts, worries, feelings that must be dispatched somewhere, if they can’t find their way out through speech. It’s only natural that your mind seeks the help of the body to lighten the load! It needs an outlet to handle the mental and emotional overflow, and your body is this outlet.
THE WHOLE THING WANTS YOU TO THRIVE!
Personally, I have profound admiration for the way our whole body works. The study of psycho-kinesiology taught me to stop feeling disconnected from my body or worse, to fear its manifestations because in truth what it does, is try to communicate with us. It wants us to feel better, do better, evolve.
Acting over the messages given by your body requires awareness about the following:
- Showing respect for your entire being, not just for your intellectual abilities.
- Remaining humble and trusting that your body’s a gem trying to share wisdom with you.
- Realising your mind, body (and spirit of course) are ONE and that this oneness is trying to express itself.
- Trusting that something else then your mind can be right.
- Letting go of presuming that everything that happens to you physically is strictly due to external factors.
- Ending the vision that your body does its own thing, that you have no control over it.
- Befriending this holistic approach that body, mind and spirit work together for our highest good.
YOUR MIND WANTS YOU TO PAY ATTENTION, SO IT USES YOUR BODY TO MANAGE DOING SO.
Thriving means having your body and mind aligned for better outcomes.
The response to body and mind alignment is immediate:
Feeling good and relaxed, followed by performance increase.
Why would you make yourself short of it, especially when it’s not complicated to achieve?
“Notice where your tensions are and acknowledge them. This is the action of aligning body and mind. This is what you need to release your tensions.
You can further help by touching the spot or area where you feel tightness or pain.
Repeat this as often as possible! Be present to yourself.
The more you do it, the more it will become a healthy and productive habit.
WHEN YOU THRIVE, YOU KNOW YOU’VE BEEN RELIABLE TO YOURSELF.
The whole point about listening to your body is to show you that all the answers you need to be or feel-good inside and out, are within you. The moment you realize you have the capacity to handle yourself and any of your issues, is the moment you become autonomous, but not only.
- You also increase your self-confidence.
- You begin listening to and trusting your physical ailments.
- You perform with greater ease.
- You feel more joy.
I don’t know if you’ll agree with me, but I believe that we’re all short of this encompassing vision about health and productivity. Where and when have we been told about the importance of using the messages of our bodies to learn and grow from. Instead, we judge and fear physical ailments and drown them with medication. Time to change this vision. And this my friends, is the promise of honest self-empowerment.